A Salesforce automation tester is a professional who specializes in testing Salesforce applications and work schedules to make sure they are functional, reliable, and high quality. They are responsible for designing, developing, and runnng automatic tests adapted to Salesforce environments.
Salesforce automation testers usually work together with the development and quality assurance teams to understand the needs and purposes of the Salesforce application being tested. They create automatic test scripts using tools and systems like Selenium, Apex Test Framework, or Salesforce-specific testing tools like Salesforce DX or Salesforce Inspector.
Key responsibilities of a Salesforce automation tester include:
1. Test Planning and Design: Salesforce automation testers work with all interested people to define test aims, identify test scenarios, and develop test plans. They make an analysis of needs, user stories, and business processes to create test cases and decide on appropriate respones.
2. Test Automation Development: Salesforce automation testers use writing languages such as Apex, Java, or Python to develop automatic test scripts. They use automatic systems to communicate with Salesforce objects, APIs, and user connections to copy user actions and check application behaviour.
3. Test Execution and Reporting: Salesforce automation testers run automatic test scripts, analyse test results, and report errors. They monitor test runs, capture and document test failures, and work with the development team to address and solve issues.
4. Test Data Management: Salesforce automation testers make sure that the relevant and reliable test data is available for automatic tests. They design and manage sets of test data, making sure that data used during testing is accurate and consistent.
5. Regression Testing: Salesforce automation testers perform regression testing to make sure that existing uses work as expected after adding new features or improvements. They update and maintain groups of automatic regression tests to check that the Salesforce application is secure and valid.
Salesforce automation testers should have a strong understanding of Salesforce use, data models, and business processes. They should be skilled in test automation tools, writing languages, and testing systems usually used in Salesforce testing.
The role of a Salesforce automation tester is important in making sure that Salesforce applications stay secure and of high quality. Making repeated manual testing tasks automatic enables faster test delivery, early fault discovery, and more efficient release cycles, in this way contributing to the overall success of Salesforce adoptions.
The salary of a Salesforce Automation Tester can change depending on factors such as the level of experience, location, industry, and company size. In general, the salary range for Salesforce Automation Tester is as follows:
Entry-level Salesforce Automation Tester: The salary for entry-level Salesforce Automation Tester usually goes from $80,000 to $90,000 a year. These individuals have limited experience in the field and often start their careers as Salesforce Automation Testers.
Mid-level Salesforce Automation Tester: After a few years of experience, a mid-level Salesforce Automation Tester can expect a salary of between $90,000 to $100,000 a year. They have gained skills in Salesforce Automation Testing techniques.
Senior Salesforce Automation Tester: Senior Salesforce Automation Testers or those in positions as leaders can earn salaries of between $100,000 and $140,000 or more a year. These individuals have wide experience in Salesforce Automation Testing, often have skills as leaders, and may be responsible for managing testing processes and teams.